While working on the marketing plan for a new client, our team asked for a list of print publications in which they had previously advertised. We could hear the agitation in the physician’s voice as he said, “Print doesn’t work in our market. Never has. Never will. The phone simply doesn’t ring!”
We were surprised by this response, and had to dig deeper. After asking just a handful of questions, we quickly discovered why print ads hadn’t worked for this medical spa in the past. The answer was simple, and only 3 letters long: CTA (Call to Action). Their previous ads lacked any sort of call to action, so we weren’t surprised that results were underwhelming.
Establishing a call to action is crucial to the success of any marketing effort. Here are some key points to enhance the ROI for your ad placements:
- Deadlines – Make sure people know there’s a limited time for them to act on your message. This should be featured in EVERY element of your marketing campaign (print ads, direct mail, email, etc.).
- Introductory Offer – Include a special price or additional service that is only available for a limited time.
- Complimentary Consultation – Free consultations should be standard in the aesthetics world. Let people know they can learn more for free!
- Free Gift – Everyone likes a free gift. A product, gift card, or newsletter can be enticing offers. Link this to a consultation, and it’s a home run!
- Gift with Purchase – Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! What can you provide that will create “added value” to your services? If you offer photo facials or microdermabrasion treatments, these can make excellent purchase add-ons.
- Financing Available – Regardless of the current economic situation, this is always a reassuring message to let potential clients know that they can afford to do something for themselves now.
Once you have the messaging down and your target audience in sight, be sure to have lead tracking in place with custom phone numbers and URLs for post-campaign analysis. Remember, if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it!
Need help making your phones ring? Contact the experts at Reach Beyond Marketing today for more efficient marketing solutions.