Much has been written lately about the importance of video in your brand’s social media and digital communication strategy, and it is very true that including video greatly increases online engagement. With that said, successful communication still comes back to having interesting, focused, and relatable content for your target audiences – this is what will ultimately motivate people to become interested in your product or service. And developing successful content as part of your digital strategies does not have to be complicated, relying on a time-tested and simple communication model:
- develop content based on the interests and needs of your target audience(s)
- deliver this content through the proper channels and networks to reach and engage your audience(s)
- measure your content’s success through analytics, and adjust accordingly in the future.
Since social media and online communication is so prevalent in our society, it is no surprise that we are inundated with blogs, social posts, YouTube videos, and more. One of the important parts of a successful content strategy is to build an audience for your blog and engaged followers for your social media networks. Often using an integrated communication strategy to cross-promote all of your channels is effective. For example, your website should have easy and inviting access to your blog and social networking sites, while your blog is an excellent source of inbound links back to your business’ website. Social media posts are an excellent platform to promote stories posted to your blog and help to build that audience. Your existing client base will in general be interested in reading your blog or connecting with you on social media, so be sure to reach out to them and encourage them to be involved with your brand online.
Finally, here are a couple of quick tips to optimize your digital content:
- focus on your expertise and niche that is tied in to your business
- produce content that is meaningful, helpful, and interesting to your target audience
- keep posts short and to the point
- post new content regularly and stay relevant
- respond to those who engage you on social media or comment on your blog
- utilize analytics to adapt and refine your content in the future.
Interested in insuring that your content is still king in your marketing strategy? Contact the experts at Reach Beyond Marketing today!