Are you trying to decide whether or not to invest your time and energy in getting your business or medical practice involved with Snapchat?
In just four years, Snapchat has become one of the top social media platforms in the game. With over 150 million users to date, and 10 billion videos watched daily, this social platform is essential if your target audience is between the ages of 18 to 34 years-old. This demographic accounts for 41 percent of all Snapchat users, though older age groups are also flocking to join Snapchat.
With only one percent of marketers currently using Snapchat as a means of advertising, there is an opportunity to get involved early while pricing is lower. Snapchat offers three different types of ads – snap ads, sponsored geofilters, and sponsored lenses. Each one will display your businesses name or brand in a different feature within Snapchat – here are the details:
- Snap ads are 10-second videos that will play in between long video chains. Create a short, alluring video for your business that communicates a message you are trying to share with consumers, and it will play while customers are going through their feeds.
- Sponsored geofilters are unique photo filters that are only available in locations specified by your business, and this filter would be available to be used on Snapchat images. If your business is aiming to target an audience in a certain geographic location, you can specify that the filter only show up when Snapchat users are nearby.
- Sponsored lenses involve a bit more creativity as you have to create a digital interactive modification that users may apply to their own video. What’s great about both sponsored lenses and geofilters is if the user saves his or her video with your added filters, they will be reminded of your business every time they re-watch it.
Besides ad options, there are many effective organic ways to engage with users and promote your brand on Snapchat. Once you have established an adequate base of followers, here are just a few ways to use Snapchat to engage your target audiences:
- introduce promotional events before they happen
- record influencers speaking about your brand
- have an account takeover where a public or popular figure in your field manages your account for the day
- give followers a sneak-peek into what goes on behind the scenes or your business.
Snapchat has the ability to build a strong consumer-business relationship through their wildly popular platform, so, why not take advantage of it? Contact the social media and marketing experts at Reach Beyond Marketing to learn how you take advantage of Snapchat and other platforms to grow and expand your business.